- Another whirlwind trip home. It was beyond amazing to be able to hang out with old friends in NYC, do laundry, run errands and make guacamole. Vats and vats of guacamole.
- Being in Brooklyn made me realize that yes, even though I no longer have an address there, this is home. I’m looking forward to spending more time this fall.
- Then down to Durham to spend quality time with my very pregnant sister. Loved being there for her baby shower, playing with her dogs and being in a normal, stable family environment. Stable… what’s that?
- Back up to NYC, back down to PAP. Can not wait to go to my second home.
- Below you’ll find some selected photos from my vacation in Thailand. It was incredible and totally worthy of day-by-day blog posting, but I’m afraid I’m out of time. I’m leaving to go back down to Haiti soon and will post again then.
- The basic breakdown of the trip went like this: Bangkok to Krabi, saw a few of the beautiful beaches of the Andaman sea. (Koh Phi Phi, Railay, Ao Nang, etc)…
- Then up to Chiang Mai exploring coffee shops and temples. Then up to the hippy mountain town of Pai and back down in Chiang Mai and Bangkok, celebrating Songkran (Thai New Year) in 3 different places in one day.
- Big shout out to the amazing Katie Rellihan for being such a great friend and travel buddy!
Tuk-tuk ride? Check. Coconut water? Check. Nerdy photo? Double check. Let the vacation begin.
I think the photos say it all. Thank you Thai beaches.
Songkran! (Basically it’s a giant water fight everywhere you go…)
Two nerds on an elephant. We spent the whole day with them and I fell in love.
One of many incredible Chiang Mai temples.
Chilling in Pai.
- Before I move on to talking about my amazing 10 day Thai holiday, just a quick note about Harpswell. This incredible foundation is looking for a Leadership Resident (what I did) for the fall. If you know anyone who’s interested, please shoot me an email.
- Okay, so yes. Holiday time. Was blessed to have old friend Katie Rellihan join me. Who know that after studying abroad together 12 years ago, we’d still be having adventures?
- Arrived in Bangkok on the 5th and after a day exploring temples and sipping coconut water, we flew off to the beaches.
- I know, I know, more beaches. Nobody said I was Mother Teresa.
Goodbye hugs! Everybody gets one…